Achieving Inner Peace & Tranquility
It’s so easy to get caught up in negative news. From devastating fires, earthquakes, and hurricanes to mounting racial, religious, and political tensions, it seems there’s no end to disasters and suffering.
But allowing our negative reactions to be aroused doesn’t help the situation—or us. What does help is prayer and faith in God’s supreme power in this world.
As the great woman saint, Anandamayi Ma asked, “Don’t you think that He who created this world knows how to run it?”
The more we realize that God is in charge here, the more we will find peace in our hearts, and be able to share that peace with all. And so this issue is about finding inner peace and releasing negativity.
A friend prays “The Prayer for Protection” by James Dillet Freeman every night with her children. It’s a soldier’s prayer, written during WWII. I find it very helpful for remembering who is really in charge. I hope it helps you too.
The Light of God surrounds me.
The Love of God enfolds me.
The Power of God protects me.
The Presence of God watches over me.
The Mind of God guides me.
The Life of God flows through me.
The Laws of God direct me.
The Power of God abides within me.
The Joy of God uplifts me.
The Strength of God renews me.
The Beauty of God inspires me.
Wherever I am, God is!
With love, light, and joy—from my heart to yours,
Creator and Founder, Spiritual Life Magazine
Overcoming Negative Emotions
We are all affected by negative moods and emotions that rob us of our inner peace and joy. Suppression and expression is not the answer. This issue offers some suggestions for what you can do instead to get in touch with your feeling nature and experience divine love and joy, peace and calmness.
In this issue of Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Dear Reader…
- Letter from Nayaswami Kamala
- A poem by Paramhansa Yogananda
- A Taoist Wisdom Tale
- Who Am I?
- 3 Steps to Better Self-Knowledge
- Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility
- Negative moods affect all of us from time to time. No matter how sincere we are spiritually, these habits can ambush us and rob us of our joy.
- Releasing Negativity
- A Guided Meditation Video
- The Heart Chakra
- An Emotional Turning Point
- Video: O God Beautiful
- Opening the Heart by Chanting to Spirit in Nature
- Affirmations for Self-Healing by Swami Kriyananda
- 5 Teachings on World Peace
- Relax and Breathe!
- Overcoming Fear
- At San Quentin State Prison
- Video: Let’s Pray for World Peace
- Guided Peace and Harmony Prayer
- Come to Me as Peace and as Joy
- Whispers from Eternity by Paramhansa Yogananda