Issue 3 – All About Gratitude
This month in honor of the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US, we have many articles on gratitude. The practice of gratitude is the easiest, yet the most powerful way to add a dash of spirituality to everything we do.
In this issue of Practical Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Musings from Nayaswami Kamala
- A Grateful Heart-How to Live with Self-acceptance, Contentment & Joy by Nayaswami Kamala
- Giver of All Good Gifts: A video by Brother David Steindl-Rast
- 7 Ways to Become More Grateful by Nayaswami Kamala
- Gratitude: Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing by Swami Kriyananda
- Animals as Teachers: Lessons of Gratitude from a Beloved Pet by Marianne Soucy
- “Maybe” — A Wisdom Tale
- The Thinking Habit That Changed My Life by Leo Babauta
- Nature. Beauty. Gratitude.- A Talk and Film by Louie Schwartzberg
- Quotes & Sayings about Gratefulness
- Reflections: I am grateful for today.
- What Oprah Knows About the Power of Gratitude – Video with Oprah Winfrey
- Oven-Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: A Recipe from the Garden by Nayaswami Kamala
- I Want to Pour the Scent of Gratefulness at Thy Feet by Paramhansa Yogananda
Wow! We’re already at issue 3 of Practical Spiritual Life Magazine. Firstly I want to thank you for your ongoing support and all the amazing feedback I’ve been getting so far. It’s really such an honor and privilege for me to serve the spiritual community like this, and it’s especially awesome to have you as a Practical Spiritual Life magazine reader.
The crisp Fall days of November always make me think of the harvest, pumpkin and apple pie, gatherings with family and friends. It’s one of my favorite times of the year—a time of thinks, a time of remembrance.
This month’s issue is all about gratitude, not only because it’s that time of year, but also because a grateful heart is essential to living a happy, fulfilled life. This issue brings you a blend of science and spirituality, East and West. The latest social science research has proven what spiritual teachers have known for millennia—the practice of gratitude is the fastest, easiest way become happier and to connect with something beyond your little self.
In my own life, I have reaped tremendous benefit from the practice of gratitude, and I’m thrilled to be able to share some theory and tips for practice with you, as well as inspiring quotes, sayings, videos and a fun little story for your enjoyment.
With Love and Blessings,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine