Issue 4 – Inner and Outer Peace
This month’s theme is inner and outer peace. World peace is impossible without inner peace. And we can all start creating a peaceful earth by becoming more peaceful and loving ourselves.
In this issue of Practical Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Musings from Nayaswami Kamala
- Peace of Mind by Swami Kriyananda, Affirmations for Self-Healing
- Why Meditate? 5 Video Answers from 5 Very Different People
- Getting Started with Meditation in Just 2 Minutes a Day by Nayaswami Kamala
- Peace: A Poem by Paramhansa Yogananda
- What Is Christ Consciousness? by Nayaswami Kamala
- Daily Meditations for December by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Lord, Make Me an Instrument of Thy Peace – Beloved prayer from St. Francis of Assisi
- Mahatma Gandhi’s 5 Teachings about World Peace by Shilpan Patel
- Finding Peace with Uncertainty by Leo Babauta
- Stress-Free Holiday Memories
- 57 Ways to Show Appreciation to People
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Demand to Travel on the One Highway of Realization, Whispers from Eternity, 1949 by Paramhansa Yogananda
This month’s theme is inner and outer peace. World peace is impossible without inner peace. And we can all start creating a peaceful earth by becoming more peaceful and loving ourselves. Peace is of the heart—compassion and good will to all. “All” includes people of course, but also animals—both wild and domestic—every blade of grass, every flower, every living thing and things you may not think of as living like rocks and water, the earth itself. Every atom in the universe contains the consciousness of Spirit and is alive with that consciousness.
I write more about that in the article, “What Is Christ Consciousness?” And there are quite a few other articles, poems, prayers, and affirmations to inspire you and help you explore peace.
Inner peace starts with meditation. For those of you who haven’t yet begun a meditation practice, I offer an article for beginners, “Getting Started with Meditation in Just Two Minutes a Day.” Try it and as you form this very easy habit, you may find meditation addicting. I’ll have articles on more advanced meditation techniques next month. If you need even more inspiration to begin meditating, be sure and watch the short, but sweet videos from different people on why they meditate.
May you be filled with peace and joy this holiday season,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine