Issue 11 – Pranayama: Yoga Breathing Techniques for Well-Being and Spiritual Growth
This issue of Practical Spiritual Life Magazine is about the power of using our breath for physical, mental and spiritual well-being:
- Musings from Nayaswami Kamala
- Self-Control by Swami Kriyananda, Affirmations for Self-Healing
- Pranayama – Ancient Key to Spiritual Growth by Nayaswami Kamala
- Yoga Breathing Techniques by Nayaswami Gyandev
- The Promise of Pranayama by Nayaswami Kamala
- Overcoming Fear at San Quentin State Prison by Nayaswami Rambhakta
- Breathing in I calm my body by Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Heart of Spirituality – Pope Francis Reminds Us of St. Francis by Bruce Davis, Ph.D.
- Daily Meditations and Affirmations by Paramhansa Yogananda
- The Magical World of Numbers – June: The Love Vibration by Elizabeth Summers
- 12 Awesome Tips for Being a Great Dad by Leo Babauta
- Finding Grace in the Flow by Karen Rae Wilson
- I Beheld Thee Hiding Behind the Flowers by Paramhansa Yogananda
If you’ve ever wondered exactly what pranayama is and how you can use it to enhance your well-being and spiritual growth, this issue features a fabulous series of articles that will help you do exactly that. Don’t miss the eight videos where Nayaswami Gyandev, expert pranayama practitioner and teacher, guides us through techniques for reducing tension and creating more energy; reducing stress, nervousness and anxiety; relieving depression; healing emotions; overcoming insomnia; improving concentration; and increasing spiritual power.
And we also have a fascinating story about how Nayaswami Rambhakta overcame his fear of visiting San Quentin State Prison using energy control techniques.
I just realized that I use the word “God” more than usual in this issue. I do so because it’s short and convenient. Unfortunately, the word has negative connotations for a lot of people. I, myself, often think of God as my Divine Mother. But that can also be strange to people. So, dear reader, if it disturbs you in any way, please just substitute another word that resonates with you, such as your Higher Self, the Infinite, Spirit, Energy, Power, Supreme Intelligence, Source.
With Joy and Blessings,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine