Issue 2 – Contentment and Stress Relief
In this issue of Practical Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Musings from Nayaswami Kamala
- Contentment – Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing by Swami Kriyananda
- The Incredible Power of Contentment by Leo Babauta
- How to Perform the Heart Center Meditation
Video with Ann Marie Chiasson, M.D.
- Spirituality & Stress Relief by Nayaswami Kamala
- How to Make Stress Your Friend
Video wth Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.
- 20 Inspirational Quotes from Richard Carlson, author of Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
- Enjoy a Mental Vacation with 3 Meditations on the Sea
- How to Use Feng Shui to Relieve Stress
- All It Takes Is 10 Mindful Minutes
Video by Andy Puddicombe
- Make me a Smile-Millionaire
Whispers from Eternity, 1949 by Paramhansa Yogananda
I’m so excited to offer the first bonus issue of Practical Spiritual Life magazine only for subscribers. I’m planning many more of these special issues as a thank you gift to loyal subscribers and also as an opportunity to go deeper in subjects you’re interested in.
Contentment has been said to be the supreme spiritual virtue. Swami Kriyananda explains contentment from the deepest spiritual viewpoint, ending with an affirmation and prayer to help you practice. Then I have a fascinating article by Leo Babauta about how contentment fits into his life as a goal-oriented person, always striving to improve himself.
Then, I have a series of articles and videos to help you manage the stress of a modern, over-busy life. I’m sure you all know many ways to relieve stress such as healthy eating, exercising, taking time off for yourself. But did you know how powerful spiritual connections and practices are in helping us control our stressful reactions to the situations in our life?
Meditation is one of the best tools for fighting stress. I don’t go into meditation in this issue, but have a couple of videos and short meditations you can try to get started. One of my favorite meditations is the “Heart Center Meditation,” demonstrated in a video by Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson. This technique gets your energy out of your head where the stress is and into your heart and body.
And finally, there is a beautiful poem by Paramhansa Yogananda, “Make me a Smile-Millionaire.”
With Love and Blessings,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine