Issue 23 – Dynamic Will Power
In this issue of Practical Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- • Awaken Your Dynamic Power of Will by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Is there a power that can reveal hidden veins of riches and uncover treasures of which we never dreamed? Is there a force that we can call upon to give health, happiness, and spiritual enlightenment? The saints and sages of India taught that there is such a power.
- • Are the Struggles of Life Getting to You?
- Use this guided affirmation by Paramhansa Yogananda
- • Discovering the Chakras at Home Depot
- I never paid much attention to my chakras until I went to work for Home Depot
- • Enthusiasm, Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing
- • When Willpower is Trumped by Bad Habits
- Have you ever set out to start a new habit or goal, but found your willpower lacking?
- • The Science of Will Power
- An Interview with Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.
- • Free Will vs. Determinism with Respect to the Higher Self
- • 3 Ways To Use Your Cellphone To Call Higher Self
- • Search for Spirituality
- In this beautiful video, Fr. Bebe Griffiths OSB talks about how exploring other religions can enhance your own faith.
- • 5 Key Actions You Need to Take Before Hitting the Reset Button on Your Life
- • Free Me from Self-Created Evil Habits and Temptations
- A Prayer-Demand by Paramhansa Yogananda
I can hardly believe we’re in issue 23—almost two years since I started this adventure. It’s been such an honor and privilege to be able to share this journey with you. I really appreciate each and every one of you and I’m so grateful for your support.
Now it’s autumn again and, even here in Northern California, the weather has subtly changed. Somehow, probably because of back-to-school time, autumn rather than January 1 has always seemed more like New Years to me. So I’m feeling a lot of creative ideas and planning ways to take Practical Spiritual Life Magazine to a new level in its ability to be a channel for the divine light and to serve you.
Now about this issue’s topic—dynamic will-power.
Will power or volition is one of our most important tools for success in any endeavor, but especially in our spiritual life. We usually think of will power as a certain grim determination and force. Certainly we all need to develop and use our will to do the essential, but unpleasant, tasks in life or to resist things that are harmful to us. (chocolate and gluten in my case)
But will power has another aspect that is better expressed by the word: “willingness.” As Dr. Kelly McGonigal says in her video:
“Will power is the ability to remember what matters most and our highest goals and values and the willingness to do things to support those goals. It’s about paying attention to what it is that matters to you.”
And that’s the kind of will power we want to focus on. The ability to choose our highest good and be our best self.
I’m so happy to be able to share these teachings and inspiration with you. 💖
I hope you enjoy this issue.
With joy and blessings,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine