Issue 26 – The True Spirit of Ahimsa
In this issue of Practical Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- • Greetings from Nayaswami Kamala
- Love, light and joy to you during these holy days.
- • The True Spirit of ahimsa – The first Don’t of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- The practice of ahimsa or non-harming goes far beyond the traditional commandant of “Thou shalt not kill.” We’ll look at both the obvious and subtle ways ahimsa must be understood.
- • In the Still of the Night
- A beautiful song performed by the White Light Kirtan Band
- • Embracing Imperfection and Finally Loving Yourself
- In our practice of ahimsa, we must love ourselves too and accept our imperfections before we can change them.
- • Non-Injury
- Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing
- • Spiritual Christmas – 14 Ways to Celebrate
- I am not telling you to omit the physical, social factor in connection with the Christmas celebration. What I want is that you should not, like millions of those who forget God, omit the paramount Spiritual factor in your Christmas celebration.
- • Mahatma Gandhi
- 5 Teachings To Bring About World Peace
- • Living Lightly – 6 Steps to Inner Peace
- • Peace
- An inspiring poem by Paramhansa Yogananda.
- • Make me an instrument of Your Peace
- This beloved prayer from St. Francis is the perfect prayer for the practice of ahimsa.
We continue our series on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra with an in-depth exploration of ahimsa or non-injury. We’ll look at both the obvious and subtle ways ahimsa must be understood as well as practical ways we can apply this principle in our personal lives.
I hope you enjoy this issue.
With joy and blessings,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine