Issue 28 – Truthfulness—The Way To Inner Freedom
In this issue of Practical Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- • Truthfulness—The Way To Inner Freedom
- Truthfulness means much more than just not telling lies. Truthfulness means, above all, to be truthful in thought—to face the truth about ourselves and our lives with honesty and clarity. This means we must stop wishing that things were other than they are.
- • Note from Nayaswami Kamala
- • Truthfulness
- Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing
- • Kindness as a Spiritual Practice
- Kindness is the law of the spiritual world. Kindness springs from the inner self, and bestows the readiness to look upon everyone as a friend.
- • A Simple Act of Kindness Creates Endless Ripples
- This moving video brought tears to my eyes.
- • Change Yourself to Change Your Relationships
- Do you ever feel disappointed when someone doesn’t react the way you hoped they would? There is a better way. Let’s look at ways you can empower yourself to improve your relationships.
- • Avoid the Tendency to Think Your Way Is the True Way
- We all do it—if we’re not worried that we’re doing things the wrong way, we seem to be sure that our way is the right way. Weirdly, I think we do both of these all the time.
- • Love In Practice
- Communicating With Care In Your Heart
- • Loving Kindness Meditation
- This video will guide you to a deeper appreciation for yourself and the world around you, to inner peace and relaxation.
- • Demand to See God in Everything
- Whispers from Eternity
In the last issue we talked about truth in the sense of being true to yourself—your real, authentic self. Now we go deeper and have a look at what Patanjali meant by the practice of truthfulness on our soul’s journey to inner freedom.
One aspect of truth that is often overlooked is that, because truth means the experience of divine realities, higher truth is always beneficial to all, always kind. So we also look at the spiritual principle of kindness from many angles. Here’s a definition of kindness from Swami Kriyananda:
“Divine love is the soul’s experience of oneness with God. Kindness is the human manifestation of that love.”
Finally, in this modern age it always comes down to relationships. As a great woman saint said, “Your religion is tested in the cold light of day.” So we have some ideas you can use to improve your relationships and thus your life.
With joy and blessings,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine