Issue 32 – Pray Effectively and Get a Response
- • Note from Nayaswami Kamala
- • God-Remembrance
- Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing, by Swami Kriyananda
- • Prayer—A Word Cloud
- • Thank You, God, for the Fleas
- A Story of Faith, Courage, and Protection by Nayaswami Kamala
- • The Art & Science of Prayer
- How can we pray effectively and attract a response from the Infinite Spirit? by Paramhansa Yogananda
- • Video: Keep Calling Him
- Performed by Bhagavati and Ramesha Nani
- • 10 Ways to Develop Your Intuition
- By Nayaswami Kamala
- • Video: Paramhansa Yogananda’s Healing Prayer Technique
- Explained and Guided by Mary Kretzmann
- • A Powerful Tool for Healing Conflict
- By Nayaswami Anandi
- • Video: Let’s Pray for World Peace
- Guided by Nayaswami Kamala
- • Amy Meets Grandma Aggie
- By Ernie Rosenberg
- • We Demand as Thy Children
- Whispers from Eternity by Paramhansa Yogananda
- • May you be filled with joy!
This issue is about prayer—not formal prayers like we learned as children—but natural, honest prayers from our heart that build a relationship with Spirit. There are some techniques and ideas to start, but you don’t really have to do anything. Prayer is just you and Spirit being together, enjoying each other’s company.
I love Mother Theresa’s response when she was asked, “What do you do when you pray?”
I listen to God.
What does God do?
God listens to me.
Many people wonder if anyone is listening, much less answering. If this is true for you or you just want to go deeper in prayer, our feature article — “The Art and Science of Prayer” by Paramhansa Yogananda—will help you pray effectively and attract a response.
This answer often comes in the form of our intuition or inner guidance. So we have “10 Ways to Develop Your Intuition.”
I’ve been feeling a lot of disharmonious energy this year. Maybe you are too. Many people feel it as inner conflict and turmoil, or conflicts in relationships and global energy. One of the most powerful ways to work with conflicts is with the Peace and Harmony Prayer. Nayaswami Anandi talks about her experience using the prayer in personal relationships. And I guide you in using the prayer for world peace. My first ever video!
And much more that I’m sure you’ll find interesting and helpful.
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine