Issue 33 – Self Empowerment
- • Note from Nayaswami Kamala
- • Power
- Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing, by Swami Kriyananda
- • Our deepest fear
- Powerful Inspiration from Marianne Williamson
- • Self-Empowerment – Be Your Best Self-Live Your Best Life
- By Nayaswami Kamala
- • Video: A Broken Body Isn’t A Broken Person
- TED Talk by Janine Shepherd
- • As I Began to Love Myself…
- By Charlie Chaplin
- • 5 Steps to Wipe the BS from Your Mind
- By Patrick Stoeckmann
- • How to Tell If Your Heart Chakra Needs Healing
- By Danielle Fagan
- • Video: God’s Power Flows Through Me
- Performed by the White Light Kirtan Band
- • 5 Simple Steps To Help You Recognize Your Self-Worth
- By Alanna Ketler
- • Meditation for Purification, Concentration and Awakening
- By Bruce Davis
- • Demand to Be Freed from Self-Created Evil Habits and Temptations
- Whispers from Eternity by Paramhansa Yogananda
- • Closing Wishes and Blessing
This issue is about power and self empowerment.
Many people are afraid of the idea of power because they associate it with ruthless ambition and and dominance over others. This is a misuse of power.
We’re talking about power over ourselves—the ability to get things done and to carry out our plans used in the service of our spiritual growth including all aspects of our lives—physical, mental, emotional. It’s also about developing the self-control to avoid the things that are harmful to ourselves and others.
Self empowerment is a necessary part of our spiritual development. It takes great strength and courage to face our faults and limitations and overcome them. It’s not aways a comfortable process to make the changes necessary for our highest good.
I’m sure you’ve seen this quote by Marianne Williamson many times:
“…Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.…”
But have you ever taken it seriously?
With joy and blessings,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine