Issue 34 – Emotional Intelligence
- • Note from Nayaswami Kamala
- • From Tantrums to Treats-Meditation with a Toddler
- By Gita Matlock
- • Emotional Intelligence
- Deepen Your Connections With Others for Harmonious, Happy, Fulfilling Relationships.
- • Do You Dare to Dream?
- This fun video invites you to dare to dream again, to challenge your comfort zone, and to enjoy the pleasure of turning your dreams into reality.
- • How Food Affects Our Mind, Emotions, and Soul
- Food is not only necessary for the health of the body, but also for the mind and emotions. By Paramhansa Yogananda
- • Consideration for Others
- Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing, by Swami Kriyananda
- • The Practice of Intentional Dialogues
- Relationship Salve from Leo Babauta
- • How to Work with Your Emotions
- Video of a class by Nayaswami Asha
- • Our Magnetic Sense Detects Things We Can’t Even See
- By Arjun Walia
- • Prayer-Demand for Devotion
- Whispers from Eternity by Paramhansa Yogananda
- • Prayer for World Peace and Harmony
Even though my CSA box gives me a lot of delicious vegetables, I want to grow some of my own food. Because food has such a tremendous impact on our body, mind, and soul. You can read about that and learn about the spiritual qualities of some foods in the article, “How Food Affects Our Mind, Emotions, and Soul.”
Also, I find gardening a balancing tonic for my urban life and many hours on the computer. It’s grounding, relieves stress, and connects me with nature.
I have some earth with my apartment, so I built two raised beds and started planting this month. You can see it in the photos. And yes, I built the beds all by myself.
As I was planting, I thought about how gardening is like life. It’s such a cliché—I know. But it’s true. I don’t have room to go into this here, but think about how weeds are like our bad habits and how important nurturing our good qualities is.
This month we have many articles on emotions: how deep, calm feeling is our divine nature, but our emotions pull us off center, how we can learn to use our emotional nature more skillfully, and much more. I hope you enjoy it.
With joy and blessings,
Creator and Founder, Practical Spiritual Life Magazine