Issue 40 – Spiritual Christmas
Profound spiritual blessings can be ours at Christmas if we tune into the Christ Consciousness which needs to be understood as a universal truth.
In this issue of Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Musings from Nayaswami Kamala
- The True Meaning of Christmas
- Why Celebrate Christmas?
- Music Video – “In the Still of the Night”
- What Is Christ Consciousness?
- Immortality – Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing
- Where Was Jesus during the 18 Years Missing from the Bible?
- Cloud Colored Christ: Music Video calling to Christ to come to us
- You Can Start Meditating In Just 2-Minutes a Day
- A Primer on Understanding and Compassion
- 7 Keys to Spiritual Gift-Giving
- Peace – A Poem by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Love and Blessings from Kamala
As I prepare for Christmas—shopping, decorating, attending the Christmas concert, making space for the decorations, I’ve been reflecting on what Christmas really is and thinking about the Light.
Christmas is the celebration of the divine light returning again to earth in human form. In Indian philosophy, this person is called an avatar—a fully liberated being who out of immense compassion for our suffering returns to earth to uplift humanity. Many times, the divine light has come, responding to the needs and love of the people. But an avatar also comes with great spiritual power that transcends time and place. This power is available to us always. But the particular ray of the divine light which is Jesus Christ is especially strong at Christmas.
Yogananda said the angels and the whole astral world sings, dances and rejoices at this time. He played “The Blue Danube” by Johann Strauss during his all-day Christmas meditation because he said this waltz especially captures the feeling of the glorious rejoicing and celebration in the astral world.
We also are a part of that Light. We only have to receive it.
“Listen to the inner light; it will guide you.
Listen to inner peace; it will feed you.
Listen to inner love; it will transform you.” ~ Sri Chinmoy
May the light of Christ, the Infinite Consciousness, shine upon you,
Creator and Founder, Spiritual Life Magazine