Issue 44 – Unconditional Love
Unconditional Love and the Danger of Expectations in Relationships
Relationships are perhaps the biggest part of our lives, giving lessons and blessings, joy and grief. In this issue, we talk about how to have happier ones.
In this issue of Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Musings from Nayaswami Kamala
- Unconditional Love: A Zen Story
- Love: Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing
- Loving without Expectations
- Yoga Science Teaches Us How to Transform Energy
- 4 Steps to Stop Others from Manipulating You
- Rediscovering the Art and Science of Sound Therapy
- Music Video: What Is This Life?
- Mindfully Free of Wanting People To Be a Certain Way
- Demand to See the Love of God in All Human Love
This time of year, my thoughts turn to the inner meanings of Easter. Jesus said that when he was gone, he would send the Disciples (and us) The Comforter—the Holy Ghost, OM or as the yogis say, the infinite spirit in the form of Divine Mother.
Isn’t that what we all want? To be comforted? To have someone who truly understands us? Who is always on our side? No Matter What.
Most of us dream of this kind of perfect relationship. But unconditional love is only perfected in Divine Love.
Human love…Well, we’re working on it.
One of the biggest things that get in our way is our expectations—always unrealistic—of others. So we have two interesting, helpful articles, Loving without Expectations and Mindfully Free of Wanting People To Be a Certain Way, that shed some light on how our expectations harm our relationships, and what we can do about it.
And much more …
Remember, all our human relationships are lessons and practice so we can give and receive divine love.
With love, light, and joy,
Creator and Founder, Spiritual Life Magazine