Nourish Your Relationships and Increase Your Communication Skills
“Mann Tracht, Un Gott Lacht” is an old Yiddish adage meaning, “Man Plans, and God Laughs.” And so it happened with this issue.
I had planned a series of articles about creating a more fulfilling life because it’s related to my goals for this year, and so I’ve been thinking a lot about it—personally. But, OK, we’ll get to that in the next issue. …
As often happens, the issue took on a life of its own and turned out to be about relationships. I love it when God laughs and changes the flow of the work.
Maybe the energy of February with Valentine’s Day and love in the air took over the inspiration.
Maybe God laughed at my plans and sent me a message reminding me that if I want a more fulfilling life, I’ll have to look at my relationships.
In any event, relationships are a huge part of having a happy and fulfilling life. It seems that nothing brings people more happiness and also more suffering than their relationships. Our relationships are packed full of lessons and blessings on all levels.
Whether relationship with yourself, other people, animals, nature, God, your Self—you name it—life on this planet is about relationships.
As Nat King Cole sings in the video, Nature Boy, which you can hear inside the magazine:
The greatest thing you’ll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return.”
Enjoy the issue!
With love, light, and joy—from my heart to yours,
Creator and Founder, Spiritual Life Magazine
Relationships and Communication
Relationships and skillful communication are a huge part of having a happy and fulfilling life. Whether relationship with yourself, other people, animals, nature, God, your Self—life on this planet is about relationships.
In this issue of Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Editor’s Note
- The Art & Science of Communication
- We think we naturally know how to communicate.
- But the truth is somewhat different.
- Video: Nature Boy
- Oldie, but goodie. Played and sung by Nat King Cole.
- 20 Steps to a Better Relationship with Yourself
- Your relationship with yourself is the most important one because it’s the foundation of all the others.
- True Friendship
- A yogi’s view of relationship.
- Affirmations for Self-Healing by Swami Kriyananda
- Awakening to Love
- “I feel that I still need to learn certain lessons that relationships can teach me.” And God responded.
- How to Perform the Heart Center Meditation
- Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson guides us in a meditation to bring energy into the body and direct it towards the heart.
- Relationship Trouble
- Why It’s Almost Always About You and Not the Other Person
- Video: Why Do You Meditate?
- Edith answers with the story of her search for fulfillment
- Top 10 Benefits of Mindfulness
- 57 Ways to Show Appreciation to the People in Your Life
- Do It Anyway!