When I was a child, I went through a long period of extreme, paralyzing shyness. I was confident enough in some areas like solving problems and creative projects, but I was terrified by having to speak before a group or in social situations. So to help those of you who can relate to this, this month we have articles and inspiration on developing self-confidence and a healthy sense of self-worth and self-esteem.
Negative feelings about ourselves are not based on our true selves. The truth is that you are a child of God and are loved more than you can imagine. Critical self-judgment and holding yourself back does not serve your spiritual growth.
A very warm welcome to our new columnist, Marcel van Heijzen. This month, Marcel shares his own journey from a wakeup call with death to overcoming cancer to helping others spiritually. Next month, he will begin telling us the story of Tommy—an ordinary teenager…until he starts to see the spiritual reality behind his life challenges.
Big news! I’ve been working on upgrading both the content and the design of the magazine to be more helpful and inspiring. I also want to go more and deeper into spirituality. Starting with the next issue, Spiritual Life Magazine will be published bi-monthly.
There are many reasons for this change, but basically I want a larger magazine with more room for different kinds of content and I need more time to prepare higher quality content that I hope will be more valuable and helpful to you. I also need more time to grow the magazine and reach out to more people.
Starting in May, there will be a new bi-monthly subscription you can switch to or, if you prefer, you can continue with your monthly subscription.
I’m so excited about the new plan for the magazine and I hope you like it too. Please email me and let me know your thoughts and what you would like to see.
With love, light, and joy—from my heart to yours,
Creator and Founder, Spiritual Life Magazine
The Importance of Self-Confidence and How to Boost It
Acting from a strong, confident place within you can be the difference between being terrified of everything and being an unstoppable force to be reckoned with.
In this issue of Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Dear Reader…
- Letter from Nayaswami Kamala
- Two Old Men
- Based on a Folktale by Leo Tolstoy
- Health Culture: The Importance of Green
- Especially in Spring, Mother Nature shows us the healing power of the color green and green plants.
- Affirmations for Self-Healing by Swami Kriyananda
- Increase Your Feelings of Self-Worth
- There’s a lot to be said for a healthy belief in oneself and respect for one’s worth as a person.
- The Power of Vulnerability
- Video of a famous TED Talk by Brené Brown
- Growing Younger
- In the second half of life we should be in fuller possession of our faculties and talents, zestful for new worlds to conquer, and eager to pass on whatever wisdom we have gleaned.
- Song of a Dream. A Poem.
- My Commitment to Assisting People
- Inspiring story of a man’s journey from a wakeup call with death to overcoming cancer to helping others spiritually.
- Why Weren’t You More of Yourself?
- By focusing on comparing ourselves with others, we are constantly drifting away from experiencing the answer of who we really are.
- 25 Ways To Boost Your Self-Confidence
- Acting from a strong, confident place within you can be the difference between being terrified of everything and being an unstoppable force to be reckoned with.