Well-Being For Body, Mind, Heart & Spirit
For thousands of years, mostly throughout the dark ages, spiritual aspirants thought they had to treat their body harshly in order to grow spiritually.
We have the example of medieval saints torturing their bodies in ways that are unthinkable to us today. This often worked for them, but even St. Francis said at the end of his life that he should have treated his body better.
In India, the Buddha practiced extreme austerity for six years, and in spite of great pain and suffering, did not find wisdom or the answers to his questions. He finally decided, “These austerities are not the way to enlightenment.”
Our society today has largely swung to the opposite extreme—that of obsession with the appearance of the physical body and indulging in anything we imagine brings us pleasure.
This too is wrong.
The key is balance.
A human body is a rare and precious gift, and we have a spiritual responsibility to take proper care of it. We also have a duty to care for our mind, heart and soul because we are holistic beings and every part affects every other part.
I am an instrument for the expression of Divine power, intelligence, and beauty. I will keep my body strong and healthy, my mind clear, active and well trained, and my Soul surrounded with beauty, so that I shall be a perfect channel, offering no obstruction to the free flow of Divine power through me into complete expression.” ~Paramhansa Yogananda
With love, light, and joy—from my heart to yours,
Creator and Founder, Spiritual Life Magazine
Your Journey to Well-Being
This issue is about a holistic journey to ultimate well-being for body, mind, heart & spirit.
In this issue of Spiritual Life Magazine you’ll find:
- Dear Reader…
- Letter from Nayaswami Kamala
- Come Into My Broken Temple
- A true story of God’s Light healing a fatal disease
- Ultimate Well-Being
- A Holistic Journey through the Dimensions of Wellness
- God’s Power Chant
- Sing along with this video for a powerful affirmation of vitality, good health and strength.
- Good Health
- Affirmations for Self-Healing by Swami Kriyananda
- Finding “Me” Time By Cutting Non-Essentials
- If we don’t take care of ourselves, we can’t take care of others. But it’s so hard to find the time.
- Meditation and Healing
- Video: Dr. Shanti Rubenstone explains the connection between medical and spiritual healing.
- 8 Key Aspects of Wellness
- The Power of Affirmations
- Video: One of the most powerful techniques in our spiritual toolkit is the practice of affirmations.
- Body, Mind, Spirit and Lifestyle Habits that Level Up Your Well-Being
- Beyond the Body: How Food Affects Our Mind, Emotions, and Soul
- Tripping Over Joy